ENABLE NEW DISCOVERIES.
The Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities GmbH (VBCF) acts as a nexus for science and technology and enables scientific discoveries by its collaborative spirit and access to state-of-the art technologies. We are seeking to expand our team with a
Core scientist (f/m/d, full-time)
to support our molecular biology product development team. The primary responsibility of this role is to act as a link between two existing core facilities and aid the production, development, and scientific support of a wide range of molecular reagents and kits.
- Plan, design and evaluate experiments to develop new molecular tools.
- Apply and refine existing protocols for medium scale production and quality control of molecular reagents.
- Implement new protocols and workflows on automation devices.
- Train and advise researchers on all aspects of product applications and usage of shared lab equipment.
- Support lab organisation and instrument maintenance to streamline day-to-day operations.
- Extensive experience (> 5 years) in applying existing molecular techniques.
- Experience in implementing new molecular tools is required.
- Excellent theoretical understanding of principles in molecular biology.
- Strong interest to develop, refine and benchmark new protocols and workflows.
- Affinity towards automated workflows.
- Independent work style, detail-oriented, well-organized.
- Customer centric.
- Collaborative and adaptive mindset to join an emerging team in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience in working in mammalian cell culture is an asset.
- Excellent command of English is required, basic command of German is advantageous.
We offer a 2-year fix-term contract, with the prospect of an unlimited position. Our attractive compensation package includes subsidized access to our company crèche and kindergarten, the yearly ticket of the “Wiener Linien”, the VBC social & sports program and flexible working hours.
The minimum salary for this position will be 3.400 € gross per month|full-time| paid 14x per year. The actual remuneration will depend on your scientific expertise and professional experience.
Who we are
The VBCF is an inter-institutional research infrastructure that was founded to enable researchers at the Vienna BioCenter Campus to achieve their scientific goals and become leaders in their research areas. To this end, we provide access to state-of-the-art instruments and the combined scientific expertise and professional experience of more than 100 scientists. We are funded by the Federal Government and the City of Vienna and take pride in recovering more than 50% of our running costs via user fees.
How to apply
Please send your CV, contact details of two referees and a letter of interest to apply(at)vbcf.ac.at. This call is open until the 30.06.2021. Interviews will be held as soon as possible. For further information about the position please contact robert.heinen(at)gmi.oeaw.ac.at.
As an employer we promote a culture of continuous learning and are committed to gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage female applicants. VBCF processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations.