At the Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities GmbH (VBCF) an exciting opening is available for a
Full Stack Developer (m/f/d, full-time)
The Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities (VBCF) GmbH, www.vbcf.ac.at, is part of the Vienna BioCenter (VBC) viennabiocenter.org, the premier location for Life Sciences in Austria and one of the leading multidisciplinary research centers in Europe. Our mission is to provide state-of-the-art research infrastructure and scientific services to enable our customers at the VBC and beyond to compete at the forefront of science. To this end, we employ an international team of 100 highly qualified scientists and are funded by the Federal government, the city of Vienna and user fees.
A Full Stack Developer position is available for the COVID19 Application project in the Strategic Information Facility (SIM). The SIM team works on exciting software development projects in collaboration with scientific institutes.
In your role, you will be an essential part of a Scrum team and will be involved in all aspects of software development, database design, testing and documentation. Specifically, your tasks will involve:
- Software development in Scrum teams
- Design, development & test of software solutions
- Requirements analysis in cooperation with customers
- Definition of user stories
- Prototyping of new hard- and software
- Design of new GUI elements
- Implementation of APIs
- Documentation & customer support
- Finished education (University, secondary school)
- Excellent software development skills in Java & web technologies
- Experience with database design and SQL (PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is required, German skills are an asset
- Friendly, collaborative mindset and the ability to interact professionally with our customers
For legal reasons, we are obliged to inform that the salary package for this position starts at gross 3.000€/month for full-time with possible overpayment depending on expertise and experience. Additionally, we offer a competitive package of fringe benefits.
Please send your application, including a letter of interest, a detailed CV, and contact details for at least one reference to Thomas Micheler by October 9th, 2020. Top-ranked candidates will be invited for an interview.
For more information, please contact Thomas Micheler.