ENABLE NEW DISCOVERIES.
The Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities GmbH (VBCF) acts as a nexus for science and technology and enables scientific discoveries by its collaborative spirit and access to state-of-the-art technologies. We are looking for
(Senior) Project technicians (f/m/d, full-time)
to support our collaborative effort to combat SARS-CoV-2. In your role, you will be an essential part of the Vienna Covid-19 Diagnostics Initiative (VCDI) team and involved in all aspects of our Sentinel program. A detailed overview of our initiative can be found on our website.
- Perform sample preparation, RNA isolation and QPCR using our semi-automated pipeline
- Maintain professional lab conditions to secure a streamlined operation
- Assist in protocol development and optimization
- Support of lab organization and ordering, including maintenance of key equipment
- Fulfill logistic tasks to prepare and distribute Sentinel kits
- Support (Substitute) the core facility head running the operation
- Excellent understanding of RNA isolation & RT-qPCR
- Practical experience in common molecular biology techniques
- Independent work style, detail-oriented, well-organized
- Collaborative mindset and interest to join an emerging team
- Strong interest (experience) in setting up lab automation and high-throughput workflows
- Excellent command of English and German is required
- Experience working in BSL-2 environment is an asset
We offer 1 year fix-term positions and attractive salary packages, including a company crèche and kindergarten. The minimum salary for these positions will be 2.200 (2.500) € gross per month|full-time | paid 14x per year. The actual remuneration will depend on your scientific expertise and professional experience.
Who we are
The Vienna Covid-19 Diagnostics Initiative (VCDI) is a collaborative effort to combat the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.
The VCDI and its stakeholders promote a strategy for frequent, large-scale population screening to avoid further lockdowns and damage caused by the uncontrolled spreading of the virus through asymptomatic individuals. To this end, VCDI scientists are committed to develop and provide novel, faster and cheaper approaches to detect SARS-CoV-2.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an open call. Interviews will be held as soon as possible. For further information about the position, please contact andreas.sommer(at)vbcf.ac.at.
As an employer, we promote a culture of continuous learning and are committed to gender equality. Therefore we strongly encourage female applicants. VBCF processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations.