ENABLE NEW DISCOVERIES. The Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities GmbH (VBCF) acts as a nexus for science and technology and enables scientific discoveries by its collaborative spirit and access to state-of-the art technologies. We are seeking to expand our team with a
CORE TECHNICIAN (f/m/d, full-time)
to support our Electron Microscopy (EM) team. The primary responsibility of this role is to support day to day lab operations and apply routine EM techniques for our customers. A detailed overview of our offered services can be found on our website.
• Routine EM sample preparation (e.g. negative staining) of various biological samples.
• Maintenance and operation of transmission electron microscopes and auxiliary equipment.
• Train and advise customers in operating electron microscopes and EM sample preparation techniques.
• Support general lab organisation to streamline EM services for customers.
• Training in biology, physics or any related field.
• Practical wet lab experience (>1 year).
• Independent work style, detail-oriented, well-organized.
• Customer centric, collaborative and adaptive mindset to join a dynamic work environment.
• Prior EM experience and a solid technical understanding are an asset.
• Excellent command of English is required, command of German is advantageous.
We offer an unlimited position and an attractive compensation package including subsidized access to our company crèche and kindergarten, the yearly ticket of the “Wiener Linien”, the VBC social & sports program and flexible working hours. The minimum salary according to the collective work agreement for this position will be 1.700 € gross per month | full-time paid 14x per year. The actual remuneration will depend on your scientific expertise and professional experience.
Who we are
The VBCF is an inter-institutional research infrastructure that was founded to enable researchers at the Vienna BioCenter Campus to achieve their scientific goals and become leaders in their research areas. To this end, we provide access to cutting edge instruments and the combined scientific expertise and professional experience of more than 100 scientists. We are funded by the Federal Government and the City of Vienna and take pride in recovering more than 50% of our running costs via user fees.
How to apply
Please send your CV, contact details of two referees and a letter of interest including the reference “EM_CT_202109” to apply(at)vbcf.ac.at. This call is open until the position is filled. Interviews will be held as soon as possible. For further information about the position, please contact Thomas Heuser.
As an employer we promote a culture of continuous learning and are committed to gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage female applicants. VBCF processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations.