ENABLE NEW DISCOVERIES.
The Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities GmbH (VBCF) acts as a nexus for science and technology and enables scientific discoveries by its collaborative spirit and access to state-of-the art technologies. We are looking for a
Lab technician (m/f/d, full-time)
To support our Protein Technologies Facility (ProTech). ProTech offers services in molecular cloning, protein production in E. coli, insect, and HEK293 cells as well as protein purification and biophysical characterization.
In your role you will be an essential member of the ProTech Facility and involved in all aspects of recombinant protein production with a focus on protein purification. Specifically, your primary tasks will include:
- Test scale protein purifications
- Multi-step chromatographic purifications
- Cell culture (insect and HEK293 cells)
- Training in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a closely related field
- Practical experience in the areas of biochemistry, protein purification and cell culture
- Thorough understanding of the theoretical and technical principles in molecular biology
- Self-organized and independent working style within a team
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is required; German skills are an asset
- Enthusiastic, friendly, collaborative mindset and the ability to interact professionally with our customers
To support working parents, we offer access to the VBC kindergarten, promote flexible working hours and support remote work whenever possible. Additionally, our employees have access to an attractive compensation package including a company pension scheme, training and education opportunities, the VBC sports programme and a subsidised jobticket (Wiener Linien).
We offer an permanent position with an attractive salary package. The minimum salary for this position will be 2.400 € gross per month full time (40 h/week) paid 14x per year. The actual remuneration will depend on your scientific expertise and professional experience.
Who we are
The VBCF is an inter-institutional research infrastructure located at the Vienna BioCenter Campus, the hotspot of Life Sciences in Austria and one of the leading multidisciplinary research centers in Europe. In our integrative role, we provide access to state-of-the-art instruments and the combined scientific expertise and experience of more than 100 scientists. As non-profit oriented company we take pride promoting groundbreaking discoveries in medicine and biology by enabling researchers to achieve their scientific goals and become leaders of tomorrow.
How to apply
If you want to work in a dynamic environment and make a meaningful contribution, we look forward to receiving your application with CV, a letter of interest, and contact information for two letters of reference to David Drechsel by March 14, 2021. For further information about the position please contact David Drechsel.
As an employer we promote a culture of continuous learning and are committed to gender equality. Therefore we strongly encourage female applicants. VBCF processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations.
MAKE IMAGING AVAILABLE TO EVERY RESEARCHER & PUSH THE FRONTIERS OF LIFE SCIENCES.
Austrian BioImaging/CMI is a joint initiative of leading Austrian imaging experts to foster and pioneer (correlated multimodality) imaging across scales in life sciences. We provide both service and R&D in bioimaging and microscopy across scales. We offer and develop a multitude of state-of-the-art imaging technologies for organic materials, biomedical model organisms and humans, numerous multimodal imaging pipelines, and various support services, such as data and image analysis, to scientists on a national and international level. We are looking for a
Technical Assistant (temporary contract for 3 months, part-time (20h))
To help us push a showcase project on vascular imaging by manually segmenting blood vessels in diverse datasets.
In your role, you will work in close collaboration with the Head of Austrian BioImaging/CMI and other imaging specilaist. Specifically, your primary task will include:
- Manual (or semiautomatic) segmentation of blood vessels in datasets acquired by different imaging modalities using AMIRA software
- Independent & optimized use of the AMIRA software (after initial training)
- Visualizing and comparing blood vessel masks
- Preparation of corresponding figures for a manuscript
- (Minimum) Bachelor’s Degree in (life) sciences
- Ideally experience in image processing with AMIRA
- Experience in microscopy or bioimaging is an asset
- Self-organized, independent and proactive working style
- Starting date as soon as possible (May 1st)
The minimum salary for this position according to the collective labor agreement (Kollektivvertrag) is 1.585 € gross per month for a full time position (40 h/week) paid 14x per year. The actual remuneration will depend on your scientific and professional experience.
How to apply
If you are interested in data processing and bioimaging and want to help advance Austrian BioImaging’s pilot projects on vascular imaging, we look forward to receiving your application/CV. Please send to Andreas Walter by April 9th, 2021. For further information about the position, please contact Andreas Walter.
VBCF processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations.