Why Work Here
If you are passionate about science, the Vienna BioCenter offers a fantastic environment for growth, both professionally and personally.
10 reasons why you will love working at the Vienna BioCenter
- The Vienna BioCenter institutions are global leaders in their fields: the research institutes excel in molecular biology and the biotech companies are experts in vaccines and immunology.
- Some of the best scientists in the world perform their research at the Vienna BioCenter: excellent scientific track record of key discoveries, and one Breakthrough Prize among our alumni.
- Competitive funding: national and international funding sources include FWF, FFG, WWTF, aws, Vienna Business Agency, EMBO, HFSP, and the European Research Council. Vienna BioCenter scientists have earned 75 ERC Grants in total, which amount to €155 million.
- State-of-the-art scientific facilities: the Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities and additional scientific services in the research institutes provide technology, infrastructure, and support beyond expectations.
- Publication record: 350 publications in peer-reviewed journals per year.
- Intensive scientific exchange: 200 renowned speakers per year and a community of 1,850 scientists create fantastic collaboration and networking opportunities.
- International atmosphere: 78 nationalities from six different continents. English is our working language.
- Collaborative culture: dedicated and enthusiastic researchers provide for a flexible and collaborative work environment. Open-door culture, curiosity, flexibility, flat hierarchies, and academic freedom are our core values.
- Kindergarten: if you have children between 3 months and 6 years of age, they can attend the child care center on campus for a very competitive fee.
- Location: The Vienna BioCenter is centrally located in the world’s number one most livable city. Excellent connections by public transport (bus, tram, suburban train) to the city center (10 min) and to the airport (20 min).
Why work here
Life on campus is warm, welcoming, and very lively. The Vienna BioCenter is one of the most dynamic and stimulating life science hubs in Europe.Campus life
Child Care Center
We are proud to offer professional, reliable, and flexible child care for children from 3 months to 6 years of age to all Vienna BioCenter employees. Our highly motivated team of qualified pedagogues works every day to create a loving and caring atmosphere.Child Care Center
Life in Vienna
Vienna is the city with the highest quality of life in the world. Affordable housing, public transport, and cultural events. There is a thriving scientific and biotech community in Vienna - also beyond the Vienna BioCenter.Life in Vienna