The Vienna International Postdoctoral Program VIP2 is a new three-year fellowship program, which will provide prime research conditions as well as a comprehensive scientific education scheme for postdoctoral scientists in English.
VIP2 will boost the careers of fellows under the principle “Inform, Inspire, Innovate”:
- Inform via structured mentoring and a training program.
- Inspire by providing outstanding supervision within a vibrant life sciences research campus.
- Innovate by supporting fellows to make ground breaking discoveries that enable them to become leaders in the academic sector and other sectors.
VIP2 will foster exposure to different sectors and facilitate career transitions. The program offers a two-mentor scheme and opportunities for a two-month secondment. Fellows will be advised and supported by an inter-sectoral advisory board.
The research groups participating in VIP2 cover the full scope of modern life sciences. A similar diversity is seen in the research models that are being explored.
Call for applicants:
The first VIP2 call for 15 fellows opens on 15 April 2019 (deadline: 15 June 2019).
- A PhD in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science or bioinformatics.
- A scientific project, matching the research carried out at the Vienna BioCenter.
- A first-author publication or manuscript published on bioRxiv or arXiv.
- By the time of the call deadline, applicants should not have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 847548.